Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Independence!!!!

According to Phil and I agree one way to assure that your are going to do something is to tell someone you will do it. With that in mind here is my post....

I am not going to steal the thunder of our Secretary and do a full recap but, I will point out my favorite parts. I am proud every time I hear someone step up for a position that is open, it proves that we truly are "The Greatest Club in the Free World". It was Stephanie's first time running the meeting as President "Yeah!"Add to that Cindy's first time as a Toastmaster at Mather and we have an evening of firsts. The speeches were varied to say the least, Stephanie's hints to overcome stage fright, no nakedness involved, Nano's on the Americanness of Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, I will never look at a PB&J the same and my speech on Blog, Social Networks and Wiki's. All very different speeches, all different styles and all evaluated wonderfully. The Table Topics were relevant and fun and for some... Brief ;)


Now for my call to action, I would like all members of Mather Toastmasters to add at least one, 1, uno, comment. Simple just read a post and click on add comment. Easy.

No for those of you who would like to write a post for this blog, and it is a great and easy thing to do. Let me know and I will give you permission to post to this site. I encourage everyone to post, it is a wonderful way to encourage sharing and community.

So let me see your comments.

###

If you enjoyed this post please Digg It. Click on the Digg it button below.

2 comments:

静若止水 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
静若止水 said...

I was fansinated by all speeches so that as a Whizard of Ahs, my listening skills were not focused.

I have to compliment C^2, you are a great VP of Public Relatioins. Keep it up!